Tuesday 24 June 2014

Malevolent Presence

Ok, at this point i'm going to say that this post and all pictures included with it are going to be spoilers to the world story. I'm level 40 at this point so if you aren't there and you haven't answered a call from a malevolent presence, don't read any further.

Got that?

Spoilers down below.

No crying if you see something you shouldn't.

Right, if you're reading this, you have been warned.

So my intrepid heroine Lyghtning foolishly answered the call from the Malevolent Presence, (hereafter named MP because....there's only so many times I can spell that correctly before I start pushing my luck) and went to said mysterious portal. Note that this time my magical portal was purple and not the blue it has been before. Clue 1 that this is not a good idea.

Jumping in, I'm not greeted by Drusera, but instead by a scene worthy of any acid induced nightmare. Seriously look at that place!!! It's messed up. It's creepy and smooze like.


Oh and instead of Drusera I have these lovely little cheerleaders and their uplifting motivational messages.



Really makes you want to continue.


And this one here makes me wish there was more in game talking. This seems like a pretty big thing to just glance past and ignore. I mean the Cassian big themselves up over the fact that the Eldan chose them, and little evil bug here is saying it was all some sort of plot from the start.


So basically MP talks me through these areas which are swarming with these little critters, but none of them want to fight you. Fighting comes later. At this point you're just running through this hell spawn landscape.

At some point you get demonic powers...not going to lie this bit was cool. Lyghtning kicked some booty here.

And then, after fighting some strain monsters and my clone....this dude shows up.

LOOK AT HIM!!!! He's freaking massive!!!!! I'm going to go out on a ledge here and say he's the games big bad. Dominion and Exile take a back seat here because this guy has plans. Big plans. Like him! Apparently he's part of the same project that created Drusera. I like Drusera better.


Speaking of who, look who shows up to save my ass from MP's crazy clone army :)


Now i'm not going to lie, this part of the game is fucking awesome. Literally awesome. I also want to give  a huge amount of kudos to Carbine here and whoever came up with the lore and story because this section, this little section right here, really sucked me into the game.

When MP was talking to me, i felt like he was totally addressing me. Forget that thousands of other players have done this instance. I felt like i was at the very centre of this story, that he was talking straight to me and that right there is a sign of  good role play game :)

Can't give enough praise :) Well done guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment