Saturday 28 June 2014

Drusera and The Caretaker...I'll ship that

Odd right?

Usual fare of this is a Drusera centric post so expect spoilers to the game's story and lore :) I'm level 46 at the time of writing this.

So as I mentioned in my last post, my wonderful pal Drusera called to say she had more to show me. So after wandering round Malgrave, I hopped on over to Illium to visit my new-found god friend.


And I have to say I was somewhat surprised to see Drusera getting rather friendly with The Caretaker. I mean this isn't the first time she's seemed familiar with him, but the last time he was trying to kill me. In fact this time he was trying to kill me, but me being the kind friend I am, reset some of his circuits and suddenly, BAM, he remembers Drusera. He also stopped trying to kill me which was a nice bonus.


So yeah...I can totally ship this. I mean heck, if my sister can ship Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson from One Direction together, I can totally ship this. It needs a ship name though. All ships have names. The aforementioned one goes by the name Larry Stylinson on the great wide internet. I'm going to dub this one Carsera for now. Unless I can come up with something better.


D'awwwww, they remember each other!

Anyway, while they got friendly, I had the job of getting datacubes away from Strain monsters. Found out some really interesting lore too. Turns out the Eldan tried to kill the Entity, otherwise referred to in this blog as, Malevolent Presence or 'huge-ass-scary-monster-thing'. They failed, obviously considering the chat I had with him recently, and he killed them all. That's right, the architects of the universe didn't just vanish, the Entity killed them.



Although I did sort of meet one Eldan, though he's been transformed into a monster by the Strain and tried to kill me. Which he nearly did as when Drusera told me to keep him busy, that resulted in me charging around the room, firing my pistols in any direction and screaming 'I'm going to die' over and over.


I mean she's a god and I'm the one having to keep the humongous monster over there 'busy'. He also called me a pet. I would have loved to have kicked his ass over that, but the aforementioned running and screaming then happened. No ass kicking. 


There is also a really fun mind bendingly frustrating platforming section to this part. I love platform games so I enjoy the parts of the game that take elements of them and incorporate them into this. I just hated the fact I kept missing the damn things and falling back to the bottom.


After my trials were over, Drusera told me that the Entity is kept in the Lightspire she created. Now I'm curious to know whether that is the name of her tall bright tower (aka a light spire) or whether that is what it's called on this server as I'm on the Lightspire server. If anyone knows please do comment and update me :) It's one of those little things that will really bug me otherwise lol.

Now if you don't mind, I've been wandering round Grimvault and as it's dawn here in England and I am slowly watching the sun come up, I think it's time I headed off to bed XD





1 comment:

  1. The ship shouldn't be Carsena, it should be CareSena.

    ReplyDelete