Friday 25 July 2014

Blighthaven Bugs

So Summer has finally arrived here in the UK and with it my computer is hating me every time I time I turn it on. Still I have been able to get back into things with regards to Wildstar. No last minute cosplays to play at the moment.

So, back to Blighthaven. I don't know whether this is an issue for other players (if it is please do comment and let me know) but Blighthaven seems to have it's fair share of bugs for me. I mean, again I don't know if it is just me, but the latter stages of the game seem to have far more bugs than the earlier stages did.

And they aren't like ground-breaking bugs, or bugs that make the game unplayable for me (like that Biolab in Grimvault did) but they are annoying.

The first one was to do with collecting essence from some floaty blue wisps near the start of Blighthaven (after the holo-deer quest but before Cankertube swamp) Now to do the quest you basically jump into said floating wisps, they explode into blue shiny fog, and then you've collected something. Now the other week I ran around this area for ages doing just that and not getting anywhere with the quest. Today I ran back and it worked first time.

Then I've had the issue where getting new quests isn't bringing up all of the text. See people are contacting me, I can see the options for clicking to accept the quest, but I don't actually have any words there.

This might not be so much of an issue, except that I'm also not being told when quests are group quests. Hence me accepting the quest from my home-girl Drusera to protect her tree and then getting my ass smashed several times over as I realised that this quest is likely a multi-person one. Like I said, it's not game-breaking, but it is annoying. Especially in the case where I have no idea how many people quests need. All other quest text is showing up fine from older quests or new quests that I missed in older areas. It just seems to be the ones in Blighthaven.

I got so much of an ass kicking here

Then I has this issue. Please note that this death scene greeted me when I first logged in. How can I have died before even entering the game???

I did actually have some fun with the quests, it wasn't all doom and gloom, but I'll post about those separately


later on this evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment